We are Porchlight, where home improvement industry expertise meets marketing strategy and creative implementation. We are passionate about home improvement, and our agency is rooted in the industry and invested in its future. Since 2003, we have handled everything from packaging and brand identity to digital media. We work hard to make our clients’ brands and products the hero – in store, online and in conversation.
Currently, we have an entry-level Jr. Copywriter position available for a hungry and up-and-coming applicant who wants to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. This person will focus on the day-to-day writing of social media posts, blogs, articles, etc. for a few of our biggest clients, as well as help with any overall messaging and tone of voice for other various marketing strategies. While your focus will be on digital content, there will also be print-based work that includes packaging, POP, signage, etc. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to multiple content mediums in an small agency setting.
Porchlight provides a competitive salary, excellent medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with company match, and generous PTO and holiday schedule. We are currently on a schedule of three days (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) in the office and two days (Thursday and Friday) remote work from home.
- Conceptualize and craft unique copy that both informs and engages the reader, balancing storytelling with statistics and fact-driven prose
- Work alongside the account managers, designers and/or creative director to conceive, develop and produce effective advertising copy
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team to ensure client objectives are met
- Collaborate with the team on the prioritization of projects to ensure their on-time, within scope and within budget
- Be able to switch quickly and comfortably between multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- 1–2 years of experience either on the client or agency side
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications strongly preferred; degree in Marketing or Advertising AND equivalent copywriting experience will also be considered
- Strong command of the English language and sentence/paragraph structure with an eye for catching spelling and grammar errors
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, technical, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate ideas to clients, vendors, team members, and others in a clear and concise manner
- Strong proficiency with Word and Excel and general understanding of how graphic software (PDFs, Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, etc.) works